Sometimes we get word of cool things after press time, things you should totally go to. Here are some.
>>Juan Atkins is basically the guy who brought techno to the world with his Cybotron and Model 500 projects in the early '80s. He's had a storied history as one of Detroit's most energetic DJs as well. He's at 1015 Folsom.
>>Flaming Lotus Girls benefit -- Burning Man fundraising season has begun! There will be, like, 100 DJs "getting funky" at this event. Expect wackiness! Artistic wackiness!
>>The Second Annual Corn Dog Day Celebration at Soma StrEat Food Park, featuring a corn dog eating contest (bottomless drag queen LOL McFiercin will be back to defend her crown), corn dog pizzas, and hopefully some dancing corn dog costumes, hosted by the fabulous Johnny Funcheap.
>>House of More: Spotlight Drag deliciousness with a soulful new performance from Juanita More, Glamamore, and Dulce de Leche -- these queens always bring the classic soul revue energy. At Cat Club.
>>Mykki Blanco Insanely canny genderqueer art-rap phenom drops in for a little witchery at the great 120 Minutes party at Elbo Room.
Most Commented On
- Israel is surrounded by nations that wish it to be destroyed - July 24, 2014
- Yo, it's hard to see another meaning to the phrase: - July 24, 2014
- When Hamas fires rockets at civilian areas - July 24, 2014
- The cause of Hamas is the destruction of Israel. - July 24, 2014
- You're mean - July 24, 2014
- SEIU - July 24, 2014
- Terrorism - July 24, 2014
- http://nhts.ornl.gov/2009/pub - July 24, 2014
- The cause of the Palestinian people - July 24, 2014
- Being a piece of shit bigot - July 24, 2014